Annual Felicitation Awards
The Librarian Leadership Summit will be introducing a new series of annual awards to recognize leaders in the field of library science.
Inviting Nominations for 2018 for the following
- Best Librarian Leader Award
- Award for Academic Excellence (Library Science)
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Best Paper Award
Participation Certificate for All Participants
Last Date for Nominations is August 15th 2018
We are seeking nominations for Librarian Leader of the Year to honor a professional librarian for outstanding achievement and accomplishments reflecting the loftiest service goals of the library profession. These include
- Free access to information for all
- The encouragement of reading and the creation of inducements to greater use of books and other library materials and information sources
- The enhancement and expansion of library service to all areas and constituencies in the community
- The strengthening of the library role and position in the community whether that community is a city or town, college or university, school, company, or corporation.
- The Leadership role in the team
Who is eligible?
Any working professional librarian in any type of library anywhere in India or in abroad is eligible. “Professional” means a person in possession of a master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science and/or above and/or holding a position designated “professional” in a library or library service.
Examples of winning achievements can include but are not limited to:
- Creating innovative information services to serve identified community needs and thus enhance library service without resorting to user fees
- Building, rebuilding, and/or strengthening local political, fiscal, and public support
- Effectively promoting the use of the library’s services and collections
- Carving out a niche within an Institute, company, corporation, or campus that makes the library more vital and central to the mission and success of the organisation or institution.
How to apply?
Nominations for Librarian Leader of the Year 2018 are sought and welcome from the entire profession as well as from the LIS academia . Nominating letters should name the candidate and describe in 500 words or less why the nominee is deserving of recognition. Supporting letters and accompanying material will be considered, but the nominating letter itself will be of prime importance. People nominated in previous years are also eligible.